New friend

This is my first tutorial. A sleepingbag for my new friend. Or you could say a felt cover for the iPhone. The pictures are taken with artificial light and not all of them are sharp. But I hope they show enough to guide you towards a good result. 1. You will need two pieces of felt in contrasting colours, a little piece of felt for decoration and a spring-fastener (10 cm wide). 2. Cut from each colour of felt a piece of 11 x 30 cm. 3. Sew on the decoration, in my case an apple, on the outside colour. 4. Place the two pieces of felt neatly on top of each other and fold in two. Right sides outwards. Sew these four layers together on both sides. Starting 2 cm from the open top and 1 cm from the sides. Now you have a pouch. 5. Now we're going to make a tunnel for the spring-fasterner. Fold back 2 layers (one outer and one inner) and sew the other two layers together from the end of one seam to the end of the other one. 6. Sew another seam of the same lenght, 1,5 cm from the first one. Turn the pouch around and do the same with the other two layers. 7. To have straight edges, cut of the edges on the sides and top, half a centimeter from the seams. 8. Cut out the corners on top carefully with sharp scissors. 9. Insert the spring-fastener in the tunnels and put in the screw. Finished. I found it quite difficult to write this tutorial. How do you discribe certain moves? So just ask me if you don't understand something. And let me know how I could improve this tutorial.

27 comments:

floortje said...

wow looks nice! I think I would understand the tutorial, the pictures are well taken!

Victoria said...

fancy pants cover for a fancy phone - very cute and you HAVE to keep a phone like that scratch free.

Pina said...

Nice cover!
I like the tutorial and I could understand it alright. Also pictures tell a lot.

kronova said...

Bedankt voor de duidelijke uitleg!
Waar koop je zo'n sluiting (online)?
groetjes Kronova

Unknown said...

Very cute! And I had no trouble understanding your directions.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is SO cute! I'll be linking to this.

Anonymous said...

Hoi Erna,
Je staat op whip up! Nu zul je wel veel nieuwe lezers en reacties krijgen.
Bedankt voor je uitleg.
Groetjes, Ria

Anonymous said...

Hoi Vlijtig,
Je heet vast geen Erna, ik was even in de war met "Blij als mij". Maar ondanks dat, leuk dat je nu ook internationaal bent doorgebroken.
Nogmaals, Ria

365 Dresses said...

That is so cute! The screen of the iTouch or iPhone is almost impossible to scratch, but I protect mine, too.

What is the purpose of the spring fastener? I must be missing something obvious.

belula said...

Wowwww!!!!. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Is fantastic !!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Could you tell me where you bought the spring fastener though? Thanks!

Virginia said...

Wow!!It´s very cool!!

Espita Gorgorita said...

Thank you so much for visiting our blog (Laboresenred). We choose what we think are great craft ideas in the blogosphere for spanish crafsters. We loved your cozy from the very first moment we saw it. I'm going to edit the entry in order to clarify the meaning of Vlijtig (unpronounceable
for me!)

momatwork said...

I did it! With some adjustments, I managed to make my own MP4 cosy. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial.

Teesty said...

I really love your blog!
And there are some wonderfull tutorials too!
Lots of love!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zimms Zoo said...

This is a great idea. I am going to modify a little for my son's media player and let my DD's make it for him. Thanks for the tutorial.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

an said...

Blijft nog altijd heel mooi! Zou je kunnen zeggen waar je die 'spring-fastener' haalde? Ik heb me al suf gezocht, maar niet te vinden ...

Atelier Ullizee said...

Leuke beschrijving! Ik wil ook zo'n zakje maken, maar vind die'spring-fastener'niet. Waar zou je die kunnen kopen. Ik kan het natuurlijk ook wel afwerken met een knoopje maar dat vind mijn man niet zo handig.

Atelier Ullizee said...

Ondertussen is mijn eerste zakje klaar!
Ik vond die klemmetjes bij www.robineva.nl
Nog eens bedankt voor de uitleg!!!

jojoebi-designs said...

great tutorial, thanks for sharing. I have added it to me 'Christmas Gifts to Sew' round up post, I just wanted to let you know.
Jo
http://jojoebi.blogspot.com/2010/10/lots-of-gifts-to-sew.html

college board said...

Having read this material, I have learned for myself a lot of the new. Thanks

Rachel@AllFreeHolidayCrafts said...

This is such a cool idea! It would be a perfect gift for pretty much anyone, since everyone nowadays seems to have an iPhone or iPod!

I've recently been posting a bunch of gift ideas over on my site if you'd like to check them out. Head on over to: http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Fathers-Day-Crafts

Hope you swing by!

creadientje said...

Leuk idee inderdaad voor een mannenkadootje... die onthou ik!!