Perfect little feet

When we were in Paris for a wedding I bought a beautiful book from Pierre Hermé about Macarons. In french! You can understand it took me a while before I had the courage to make something from this book. Especially since macarons are not the easiest cookies to bake. But, I can tell you now, well worth the effort. Mine were a bit too big, the filling a bit too soft and the taste was too sweet. But the bite...so soft and crunchy at the same time...mmmm. This will certainly not be my last attempt baking the perfect macaron!

3 comments:

Celia said...

Oh my God! I am always wanting to try them!; lol...
I have always thought about making the filling with the butter-cream cheese frosting recipe. It's not so soft and the taste is a bit salty. If you want the recipe just knock my door, lol...

floortje said...

wow, looks nice...i can almost taste them through the screen ;-))

Janina Modaal said...

Mmmm, macarons, daar heb ik op dit moment heel heel heel veel zin in :o).
Helaas zie ik mezelf dat nog niet maken, dus koop ik ze maar gewoon bij de bakker :o).