Sweet baby

Every new baby needs his or her own blanket. Made with love and affection, using fabrics with a history. Ruben even has a piece of a 19th century apron in his blanket. The apron belonged to my great grandmother. It goes well with the pieces from the dress my mother wore when she met my father. Along with some fabrics from my cousins shop VanMarieke, they make a beautiful blanket for this little guy that (lucky parents) sleeps very well under it. My mother sewed all pieces together, with a beautiful yellow back. I just added the embroidery.

3 comments:

In de weer said...

Oooh, wat is dat mooi geworden, ik houd van stofjes met herinneringen.

vervlogen dagen said...

Lief, mooi dekentje in prachtige kleuren.

Marga said...

What a beautiful blanket, and so special with a piece fo your mother's dress when she met you dad, or your great-drandmother apron!!! WOW! I was very touched!... Indeed, Raul is a very lucky boy for having such a loving and lovely family!